Friday, August 3, 2007

Gunung Buller

Suppose to post this blog ages ago but due to the unexpected incident that happened to my modem, gotta postponed it till now.

Went to Mt. Buller, one of the highest mountain in Melb last 21st July. It was quite an awesome experience for me though i've been to Lake Mountain a few weeks back. The mountain was wayyyy bigger than Lake Mountain. 10 times the size mayb?

We woke up at 4.30am this time as we need to depart from city at 6.30am. Meaning we need to catch the earliest train to city. It was freaking cold tat morning that we barely could walk. We wore 5 layers again which made us harder to walk. lol..

Took this pic in d train. Can clearly see our puffy & panda eyes. *Tired tired..


When we reached city, we saw this particular building was half missing covered by fog. Can imagine how cold it was tat day.. Look at the sky, still dark dark one..


Initally all of us din plan to ski. We just wanted to b the sight-seeing tourist as the skiing package is too expensive for us students. From renting the gears to the lift entrance will cost us a lot. Coincidently we saw one of our classmates at the meeting place b4 departing. She told us even if we dun ski, we still need to take the lift up to the mountain only we can see the magnificent view.

After much hesitating n doubting, thinking since we are here in Melb, we agreed tat dun waste this chance to ski. Winter is once a year and we are here only for a year. Without wasting our time, we rushed to the nearest ATM machine to cash out.

We decided to SKI!!

We departed from city at about 6.45am n it took us abt 5 hours to reach Mt. Buller. On our way there, we stopped by a place which i forgot the name to rent all our skiing gears. That place was crowded with all the tourist buses and people! We were given an hour to settle all the renting n stuff. Even then, we exceed the time given as the queue was too long.

After everything settled, we got back to our bus to continue our journey. From far, we could see the mountain d. We were so excited about tat. Btw, it looks like the "Evian" water bottle's mountain. lol.


On our way up the mountain, loads n loads of snow by the road side..


Cantik horr... hehe..

The bus driver stopped by the road side when we were abt to reach the mountain top. This is wat we saw....

The ski slope! Walaooo... wan like tat meh.. scareee... i wouldn't dare to ski down lor for sure!


Finally we reached the mountain. We got off from the bus n got our skiing gears ready. Wore all of our skiing boots.

OUCH!!! The boots are killing me. It HURTS! I felt that my legs were no longer exist. My blood cant flow.

I DON'T WANNA SKI NO MORE!

*Sigh... Can't regret ady, we paid so much takkan haven tried skiing then giv up??!!

Wore that stupid boots n caught the free bus shuttle to the skiing area. All of us walked like a duck! Can't even walk properly, even for a small distance..

Finally reached the skiing area. It was a Saturday, n the place was so so crowded. For the 1st time we had our ski boots clipped on the runners. It took us abt 5 mins to clip the boots on to the runner. Pretty hard though.. n the runners were superbly heavy.. Soon after that, 5 of us straight away took the lift to go further up the mountain. The lift ticket itself already cost us $73. Ex horr!!


I was forced to go up the lift alone as there was this stupid trainer who pushed me and dun let me wait for Jeremy together who was at the back of me. I was so angry at him because he had no manners at all by using his ski poles to point on my buttocks!!!! Wat the??!!!! Hmm... No choice but to sit alone lor. I freaked out at 1st as there wasn't anyone with me. In my heart was saying, curse the trainer who pushed me. Hmmph! i know i'm bad but who asked him to push me worrr!!

Once i reached the 1st station of the lift, i skied down! wahahaha.. I nearly fell but luckily i managed to save myself from falling. While waiting for the rest to reach the station, i tried to ski out of the station. I was stuck there for approx 10 mins as there were an upward slope. Same goes to all my frens when the reached the station.

My "ski look".. :P posing only.. lol

Finally all of us were out from the station. We were informed that there'll be a ski lesson for beginners later that noon. Unfortunately, we need to ski down the slope in order to learn. aiyo... why on earth the wanna have it in the middle of the slope? We are only beginners lehh...

We decided not to go for the lesson instead we try learning ourselves. konon-lah..

More posings...

After so much of practising & falling, we were already exhausted n no more energy ski d. The boots already killing me softly, i barely feel my feet d. We decided to stop skiing n play with the snow n take pics!!

Meng Jiunn was still trying his very best to ski. haha.. Semangat-nye..

Lying on the snow again...


The mountain view ... nice nice.. Saw the tiny mini peoplessss...?


We saw a lot of skiers there where they can really ski. Even small kids can ski better than us.. haha.. only 5 of us dumb dumb dunno how to ski. haha.. Snowboard looks fun too. *Sigh.. too bad we can't ski.

Our boots.. my nite mare, dun ever ask me to wear it again. painful!!


Snowman time, but failure. haha.. instead it looks like a snoopy head. lol.


Since we failed to build a snowman, Jeremy made a mini one. Still snowman though. hehe..


A group pic on the mountain...


It was almost time for us to go. Took the lift down again. This time i'm not alone.. haha.. But still scary though.

Cam-whoring on the lift. My hands were shaking as i worried my cam might drop.


We were down the mountain within mins. There goes my $73 for the 2 times lift.

B4 leaving, we skied again down the mountain. Though there were just a slightly slope, i fell countless times. haha..

Spot me!

Another groupie b4 leaving..

2 of us.... :)

Bye bye lor Mt. Buller..

I immedietly took off the boots once i reach the bus. fuhh.. feels like heaven... On our way back, we stopped back at the place we rent our skiing gears. I managed to capture the beautiful sky on our journey back. Nice horr....

All of us slept the whole journey back to city. My whole body was extremely fatigue tat nite.

Anyhow, it was a great experience. Atleast we tried skiing n know how it felt. Once is enough for me. :)
Bed time, nitez!

No comments: